Making A Plan For College
Going to college is possible but you have to make a plan.
Asking the right questions can make a big difference when it comes to attending college . Here are some basic questions to get the conversation started:
- What courses do I need to take to be ready for college?
- How should I plan my schedule so I’ll complete them?
- Which elective courses do you recommend?
- Which AP courses should I consider taking?
- When is the PSAT/NMSQT going to be given?
- Do you have any college planning sessions scheduled?
- What activities can I do at home and over the summer to get ready for college?
There are many online services that can help you get ready. Here are some things to think about when you start preparing for college :
- Do I want to go to a four year or a two year college ?
- Do I want to stay in state or go out of state ?
- What type of school would you like to attend ( private , ivy league, religious affiliated, single-sex or coed ,etc.)
- Are factors like diversity in student population or type of environment important to you ?
Remember the “early bird catches the worm” so start planning today.
Resources for Application Check-List